The UCSF Sports Medicine Center is a unique state-of-the-art facility designed to care for athletes of all ages and skill levels. Our goal is to help patients achieve their highest level of function.
Common conditions treated include:
- Rotator cuff tears and impingement
- Shoulder instability/dislocations
- SLAP tears
- Shoulder arthritis/Reverse shoulder replacement
- Throwing shoulder problems
- Athletic elbow problems
- ACL and other knee ligament injuries
- Meniscus tears
- Cartilage injuries in the knee
- Patella pain and dislocations
- Runner’s knee and running problems
- Hip labral tears and Femoroacetabular impingement (FAI)
- Early arthritis of the hip, knee, and shoulder
Our multi-disciplinary team consists of fellowship-trained sports medicine orthopaedic surgeons that specialize in arthroscopic surgery, as well as primary care sports medicine physicians, athletic trainers, and physical therapists. We are fully equipped to care for all athletic injuries with on-site clinics and operating rooms, x-ray and high resolution MRI, physical therapy, and a human performance center.