The UCSF Sports Medicine Center is a state-of-the-art facility designed to care for all athletes: young to old, novice to professional, with non-operative and operative conditions. Our goal is to help everyone achieve their highest level of function in sport and life.
Common conditions treated include:
- Rotator cuff tears and impingement
- Shoulder instability/dislocations
- SLAP tears
- Shoulder arthritis/Reverse shoulder replacement
- Throwing shoulder problems
- Athletic elbow problems
- ACL and other knee ligament injuries
- Meniscus tears
- Cartilage injuries in the knee
- Patella pain and dislocations
- Runner’s knee and running problems
- Hip labral tears and Femoroacetabular impingement (FAI)
- Early arthritis of the hip, knee, and shoulder
- Sports-related Concussions
Our multi-disciplinary team consists of fellowship-trained sports medicine orthopaedic surgeons that specialize in arthroscopic surgery, as well as primary care sports medicine physicians, athletic trainers, and physical therapists. We are fully equipped to care for all athletic injuries with on-site clinics and operating rooms, x-ray and high resolution MRI, physical therapy, and a human performance center.
UCSF Sports Medicine provides two unique year-long fellowship opportunities for post-residency training. The UCSF Orthopaedics Sports Medicine and Shoulder Fellowship, and the UCSF Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship.