Nicole Schroeder, MD
Nicole Schroeder, MD
- Schroeder NS, Goldfarb CA. Thumb ulnar collateral and radial collateral ligament injuries. Clin Sports Med. 2015 Jan; 34(1):117-26. PMID: 25455399
- Root CG, London DA, Schroeder NS, Calfee RP. Anatomical relationships and branching patterns of the dorsal cutaneous branch of the ulnar nerve. J Hand Surg Am. 2013 Jun; 38(6):1131-6. PMID: 23707013
- Goldfarb CA, Strauss NL, Wall LB, Calfee RP. Defining ulnar variance in the adolescent wrist: measurement technique and interobserver reliability. J Hand Surg Am. 2011 Feb; 36(2):272-7. PMID: 21276890
- Strauss NL, Goldfarb CA. Arthroscopic management of traumatic peripheral triangular fibrocartilage complex tears. J Hand Surg Am. 2011 Jan; 36(1):136-8. PMID: 20888143
- Lattanza LL, Chu T, Ty JM, Orazov B, Strauss N, O'Reilly OM, Buckley JM. Interclinician and intraclinician variability in the mechanics of the pivot shift test for posterolateral rotatory instability (PLRI) of the elbow. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2010 Dec; 19(8):1150-6. PMID: 20850998
- Strauss NL, Goldfarb CA. Surgical correction of clinodactyly: two straightforward techniques. Tech Hand Up Extrem Surg. 2010 Mar; 14(1):54-7. PMID: 20216055
- Haile Debas Academy Chair in Orthopaedic Surgery
Haile Debas Academy Chair in Orthopaedic Surgery, UCSF, 2018
- JOJ Teaching Award Department of Orthopedic Surgery
JOJ Teaching Award Department of Orthopedic Surgery, UCSF, 2018
- Academy of Medical Educators
Academy of Medical Educators, UCSF, 2016
- Henry J. Kaiser Award for Excellence in Teaching in the Ambulatory Care Setting.
Henry J. Kaiser Award for Excellence in Teaching in the Ambulatory Care Setting., UCSF, 2013-2014
- Teaching Scholars Program
Teaching Scholars Program, UCSF, 2013-2014
- JOJ Teaching Award. Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
JOJ Teaching Award. Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, UCSF, 2012
|University of California||2018|
|Fellowship, Hand and Upper Extremity||Washington University St. Louis||2010|
|Orthopedic Surgery Residency||UCSF||2009|
About Nicole Schroeder, MD
Nicole Schroeder, MD is the Chief of the Hand, Elbow and Upper Extremity Service, and she is a Clinical Professor in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at UCSF.
She is also the Director of the Orthopaedic Hand Service at San Francisco General Hospital as well as Director of the UCSF Orthopaedic Resident Education Curriculum and Associate Residency Director.
Dr. Schroeder treats all conditions and traumatic injuries in the upper extremity. Her clinical interests include traumatic hand and forearm injuries, tendinoses of the upper extremity, Dupuytren's contracture, arthritis, blood vessel and nerve problems, bone deformities, dislocations and fractures, joint problems, ligament and tendon injuries, and tumors. Her clinical practice includes both the Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center and the UCSF Orthopaedic Institute on the Mission Bay campus.
In her role as a medical educator and mentor, Dr. Schroeder has been honored as the Haile Debas Academy Chair in Orthopaedic Surgery, which honors outstanding medical student education. She is active member of the American Society of Surgery for the Hand, for which she sits on the Resident Education and Emergency Hand Care Committees. She has received numerous accolades for her excellence in teaching, including the 2012 and 2018 Department of Orthopaedic Surgery JOJ Outstanding Teaching Award, the 2013 UCSF Excellence in Teaching Award, and the 2014 Henry J. Kaiser Award for Excellence in Teaching in the Ambulatory Care Setting. Most recently, she was honored by the 2021 UCSF Muriel Steele Society Honor Roll, which celebrates influential and inspiring women faculty, fellows and residents in surgery and surgical sub-specialties. Dr. Schroeder is also a member of the Academy of Medical Educators.
Dr. Schroeder received her bachelor’s degree from Williams College, and then completed her medical degree from the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. She completed her residency training in Orthopaedic Surgery at UCSF, and subsequently completed her fellowship in Hand and Upper Extremity from Washington University, St. Louis. Dr. Schroeder joined the UCSF Orthopaedic Faculty in 2011.