Alan Dang, MD
- Lee LC, Genet M, Dang AB, Ge L, Guccione JM, Ratcliffe MB. Applications of computational modeling in cardiac surgery. J Card Surg. 2014 May; 29(3):293-302. PMID: 24708036
- Dang AB, Garfin SR. Can statistics alone add clinical meaning to non-specific billing databases? Commentary on an article by Richard A. Deyo, MD, MPH, et al.: "Revision surgery following operations for lumbar stenosis". J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2011 Nov 2; 93(21):e1281-2. PMID: 22048107
- Dang AB, McCarthy MB, Dang AB, Chowaniec DM, Mazzocca AD. Effects of adding epinephrine to arthroscopic irrigation fluid on cultured chondrocyte survival in vitro. Arthroscopy. 2011 Aug; 27(8):1118-22. PMID: 21708446
- Spang JT, Dang AB, Mazzocca A, Rincon L, Obopilwe E, Beynnon B, Arciero RA. The effect of medial meniscectomy and meniscal allograft transplantation on knee and anterior cruciate ligament biomechanics. Arthroscopy. 2010 Feb; 26(2):192-201. PMID: 20141982
- Dang AC, Rodner CM. Unusual compression neuropathies of the forearm, part II: median nerve. J Hand Surg Am. 2009 Dec; 34(10):1915-20. PMID: 19969200
- Dang AC, Rodner CM. Unusual compression neuropathies of the forearm, part I: radial nerve. J Hand Surg Am. 2009 Dec; 34(10):1906-14. PMID: 19969199
- Dang AB, Hu SS, Tay BK. Biomechanics of the anterior longitudinal ligament during 8 g whiplash simulation following single- and contiguous two-level fusion: a finite element study. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2008 Mar 15; 33(6):607-11. PMID: 18344853
- Dang AB, Guccione JM, Zhang P, Wallace AW, Gorman RC, Gorman JH, Ratcliffe MB. Effect of ventricular size and patch stiffness in surgical anterior ventricular restoration: a finite element model study. Ann Thorac Surg. 2005 Jan; 79(1):185-93. PMID: 15620941
Grants & Awards
Membership & Committees
About Alan Dang, MD
Dr. Alan Dang joined the Department of Orthopaedics at the University of California San Francisco in 2011. Dr. Dang received his undergraduate degree in Biological Sciences from Stanford University in 2001. He then received his medical degree in 2006 from the University of California San Francisco School of Medicine.
While in medical school, he completed a research year from 2004-2005. Dr. Dang then went on to his orthopaedic surgery residency at the New England Musculoskeletal Institute at the University of Connecticut in Farmington. He completed a fellowship in Spine Surgery at the University of California San Diego under Department chairman Dr. Steven R. Garfin.