Adaptive Community Training (A.C.T.) Program
Save the Date!
Led by the Warriors Basketball Academy, AMP1 Basketball and the Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF),
FREE annual amputee basketball and mobility clinic hosted at the Warriors Basketball Facility in Oakland, CA.
Sunday, April 16, 2023
Event details and to register click here.
Our Mission and Community Outreach
The mission of the UCSF Adaptive Community Training (A.C.T.) Program is to assist those affected by limb loss in maximizing their physical and functional mobility. With two integral components, rehabilitation and outreach, the program offers both the community and the tools to make a complete recovery following amputation.
Our community introduces people affected by limb loss to a variety of athletic and fitness activities. By utilizing the broad range of resources available at UCSF, the Adaptive Community Training (A.C.T.) program provides a large national event as well as monthly clinics, such as adaptive yoga, amputee swimming, and rock climbing. We support a community of individuals motivated to engage in activities they enjoyed prior to amputation and recover a healthy and active lifestyle.
We incorporate a diverse series of training modalities, advanced gait analysis equipment, and a comprehensive team of experts within the UCSF Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. We use a team approach to provide individualized treatments and goal-oriented care. The limb loss community outreach team redefines prosthetic rehabilitation, translating care from the clinic to the community.
- In The News
- UCSF News: Amputee Athletes Push Physical Boundaries at Unique Clinic
- NBC: UCSF's Training Program for Amputee Athletes
- NBC: UCSF's Training Program for Amputee Athletes (version 2)
- ABC: ABC: UCSF's Training Program for Amputee Athletes
- UCSF News: College Athlete with Prosthetic Leg Pursues Paralympics
- NBC: Center Helps Amputees Excel at Sports
- ABC: Clinic helps amputees pursue athletic dream
- New York Times: A Group Lifts Paraclimbers to Higher Goals
- ABC: Making limb braces for athletic people
- Make an Appointment
Support the UCSF Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Your contribution will positively impact musculoskeletal care, education, and research.Make a Donation