Kristin Livingston, MD
Kristin Livingston, MD
- Livingston KS, Edwards EA, Griffin M, MacKenzie JD, Zapala MA. Use of Digital Tomosynthesis in Assessing Accurate Medial Epicondyle Fracture Displacement as Compared With Conventional Radiography and Computed Tomography. J Pediatr Orthop. 2021 Nov-Dec 01; 41(10):e877-e883. PMID: 34419980
- Carrillo LA, Sabatini CS, Brar RK, Jagodzinski JE, Sabharwal S, Delgado E, Livingston KS. The Prevalence of Bullying Among Pediatric Orthopaedic Patients. J Pediatr Orthop. 2021 Sep 01; 41(8):463-466. PMID: 34294669
- Benjamin Laguna, Kristin Livingston, Ravinder Brar, Jason Jagodzinski, Nirav Pandya, Coleen Sabatini, Jesse Courtier. Assessing the Value of a Novel Augmented Reality Application for Presurgical Planning in Adolescent Elbow Fractures. Frontiers in Virtual Reality. 2020 Jan 1; 1:528810. PMID:
- Austin T. Fragomen, Kristin S. Livingston, Sanjeev Sabharwal. External Fixators for Deformity Correction. . 2020 Jan 1; 107-126. PMID:
- Zapala MA, Livingston K, Bokhari D, Phelps AS, Courtier JL, Ma C, Seo Y, MacKenzie JD. Improved diagnostic confidence and accuracy of pediatric elbow fractures with digital tomosynthesis. Pediatr Radiol. 2020 03; 50(3):363-370. PMID: 31745596
- Zapala MA, Livingston K, Phelps AS, MacKenzie JD. Digital tomosynthesis of the pediatric elbow. Pediatr Radiol. 2019 11; 49(12):1643-1651. PMID: 31686170
- Livingston KS, Kalish LA, Bae DS, Kim YJ, Shore BJ. Wash, Rinse, Repeat: Which Patients Undergo Serial Joint Irrigation in Pediatric Septic Hip Arthritis? J Pediatr Orthop. 2019 Aug; 39(7):e494-e499. PMID: 30624342
- Nicole H. Goldhaber, Amanda N. Goldin, Andrew T. Pennock, Kristin Livingston, Donald S. Bae, Yi Meng Yen, Benjamin J. Shore, Dennis E. Kramer, Jason E. Jagodzinski, Benton E. Heyworth. Orthopedic Injuries Associated with Hoverboard Use in Children: A Multi-center Analysis. HSS Journal ®. 2019 May 21; 1-5. PMID:
- Livingston KS, Meehan WP, Hresko MT, Matheney TH, Shore BJ. Acute Exertional Compartment Syndrome in Young Athletes: A Descriptive Case Series and Review of the Literature. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2018 Feb; 34(2):76-80. PMID: 27248777
- Livingston KS, Glotzbecker MP, Shore BJ. Pediatric Acute Compartment Syndrome. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2017 May; 25(5):358-364. PMID: 28323644
|Fellowship||Boston Children's Hospital||2015|
|Residency||Massachusetts General Hospital||2014|
|Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center||2010|
|MD||University of California San Francisco, School of Medicine||2009|
About Kristin Livingston, MD
Dr. Kristin Livingston is a pediatric orthopedic surgeon who cares for children with musculoskeletal abnormalities or injuries, ranging from clubfoot and other lower limb problems to hip dysplasia and elbow fractures. Her primary interests lie in correcting lower limb deformities and treating orthopedic injuries. To ensure the best musculoskeletal outcomes, she cares for her patients through childhood and into early adulthood.
In her research, Livingston explores many areas of pediatric orthopedics. She is especially interested in studying novel imaging techniques for gaining insights into childhood injury and deformity, and she is specifically exploring the use of digital tomography and augmented reality to improve fracture diagnosis and surgical planning. Another area of her research is quality improvement, investigating concerns such as urinary tract infections in pediatric surgical patients. She also works on community-based projects looking at bullying in schools.
Livingston earned her medical degree at UCSF. She completed Harvard University's combined orthopedic residency program, followed by a fellowship in pediatric orthopedic surgery at Boston Children's Hospital.