To make high quality orthopaedic services accessible to all
- Scott Nelson, MD
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Loma Linda University
- We offer short-term clinical and educational trips to Dominican Republic and Haiti.
- There is an opportunity to work at the Beit CURE Hospital in Malawi for a ten-week global elective rotation for our residents during PGY-4 year.
Loma Linda University Global Health Institute
- Since its founding over 100 years ago, Loma Linda University's mission has been to "make man whole," not only locally, but globally. This rich tradition of service has been carried out by thousands of employees, students, and graduates who have served overseas.
Haiti Adventist Hospital, Adventist Health International
- This is a full-time academic orthopaedic center at a multi-disciplinary hospital in Carrefour, Port au Prince, Haiti. We provide high quality services in a resource depleted environment. We are committed to making this accessible to all patients and will work with them to obtain the necessary resources. We have academic opportunities available for medical students and residents from Haiti as well as other countries.
- Loma Linda University Health has played an active role in bringing high-quality care to the people of Port au Prince regardless of economic background. After the devastating 2010 earthquake, the hospital, with help from its partners, was able to remodel the operating rooms, clinical laboratories and the emergency department. The next step is to bring a quality outpatient clinic to the people of Haiti.