Eliana Delgado, MD, MPH
Eliana Delgado, MD, MPH
|University of California||2018|
|Pediatric Orthopedics Fellowship||St. Louis (MO) Shriners' Hospital||1993|
|Trauma Fellowship||San Francisco General Hospital||1991|
|Orthopedic Surgery Residency||University of California, San Francisco||1989|
|M.D.||University of California, San Francisco||1982|
- Clohisy JC, Barrett SE, Gordon JE, Delgado ED, Schoenecker PL. Periacetabular osteotomy in the treatment of severe acetabular dysplasia. Surgical technique. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2006 Mar; 88 Suppl 1 Pt 1:65-83. PMID: 16510801
- Clohisy JC, Barrett SE, Gordon JE, Delgado ED, Schoenecker PL. Periacetabular osteotomy for the treatment of severe acetabular dysplasia. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2005 Feb; 87(2):254-9. PMID: 15687144
- Clohisy JC, Barrett SE, Gordon JE, Delgado ED, Schoenecker PL. Medial translation of the hip joint center associated with the Bernese periacetabular osteotomy. Iowa Orthop J. 2004; 24:43-8. PMID: 15296205
- Weisstein JS, Delgado E, Steinbach LS, Hart K, Packman S. Musculoskeletal manifestations of Hurler syndrome: long-term follow-up after bone marrow transplantation. J Pediatr Orthop. 2004 Jan-Feb; 24(1):97-101. PMID: 14676543
- Fribourg D, Delgado E. Occult spinal cord abnormalities in children referred for orthopedic complaints. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2004 Jan; 33(1):18-25. PMID: 14763593
- Poon AW, Gray KV, Franco GC, Cerruti DM, Schreck MA, Delgado ED. Cultural competence: serving Latino patients. J Pediatr Orthop. 2003 Jul-Aug; 23(4):546-9. PMID: 12826958
- Kawaguchi AT, Otsuka NY, Delgado ED, Genant HK, Lang P. Magnetic resonance arthrography in children with developmental hip dysplasia. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2000 May; (374):235-46. PMID: 10818983
- Dickson KF, Hoffman WY, Delgado ED, Contreras DM. Unreamed rod with early wound closure for grade IIIA and IIIB open tibial fractures: analysis of 40 consecutive patients. Orthopedics. 1998 May; 21(5):531-5. PMID: 9606692
- Gordon JE, Capelli AM, Strecker WB, Delgado ED, Schoenecker PL. Pemberton pelvic osteotomy and varus rotational osteotomy in the treatment of acetabular dysplasia in patients who have static encephalopathy. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1996 Dec; 78(12):1863-71. PMID: 8986664
Grants & Awards
Membership & Committees
About Eliana Delgado, MD, MPH
Dr. Eliana Delgado, a former nurse, has specialized training in treating children's bone disorders. Dr. Delgado received her undergraduate degrees from the College of San Mateo and San Francisco State University in California, followed by a graduate degree at the University of California, Berkeley. She earned her medical degree from UCSF, where she also completed her orthopedic surgery residency.
She was a trauma doctor at San Francisco General Hospital before serving a paediatric orthopaedic fellowship at St. Louis Shriners' Hospital in St. Louis, Mo. She joined UCSF Medical Center in 1989.
Dr. Delgado's primary practice is at the UCSF Mission Bay Hospital in San Francisco; she also holds clinics at the UCSF Orthopaedic Trauma Institute at both Zuckerberg San Francisco and St. Luke's campuses.