Christina Allen, MD
|University of Pittsburgh||7/2001|
|Bachelor of Engineering||Duke University||05/1983|
- Subsequent Surgery After Revision Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction: Rates and Risk Factors From a Multicenter Cohort. Am J Sports Med. 2017 May 01; 363546517707207. PMID: 28557557
- Dufka FL, Lansdown DA, Zhang AL, Allen CR, Ma CB, Feeley BT. Accuracy of MRI evaluation of meniscus tears in the setting of ACL injuries. Knee. 2016 Jun; 23(3):460-4. PMID: 26917035
- Brophy RH, Haas AK, Huston LJ, Nwosu SK. Association of Meniscal Status, Lower Extremity Alignment, and Body Mass Index With Chondrosis at Revision Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. Am J Sports Med. 2015 Jul; 43(7):1616-22. PMID: 25899434
- Lansdown DA, Shaw J, Allen CR, Ma CB. Osteonecrosis of the Knee After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction: A Report of 5 Cases. Orthop J Sports Med. 2015 Mar; 3(3):2325967115576120. PMID: 26665035
- Matava MJ, Arciero RA, Baumgarten KM, Carey JL, DeBerardino TM, Hame SL, Hannafin JA, Miller BS, Nissen CW, Taft TN, Wolf BR, Wright RW. Multirater agreement of the causes of anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction failure: a radiographic and video analysis of the MARS cohort. Am J Sports Med. 2015 Feb; 43(2):310-9. PMID: 25537942
- Effect of graft choice on the outcome of revision anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction in the Multicenter ACL Revision Study (MARS) Cohort. Am J Sports Med. 2014 Oct; 42(10):2301-10. PMID: 25274353
- Wright RW. Osteoarthritis Classification Scales: Interobserver Reliability and Arthroscopic Correlation. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2014 Jul 16; 96(14):1145-1151. PMID: 25031368
- Souza RB, Wu SJ, Morse LJ, Subburaj K, Allen CR, Feeley BT. Cartilage MRI relaxation times after arthroscopic partial medial meniscectomy reveal localized degeneration. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2015 Jan; 23(1):188-97. PMID: 24792070
- Chen JL, Allen CR, Stephens TE, Haas AK, Huston LJ, Wright RW, Feeley BT. Differences in mechanisms of failure, intraoperative findings, and surgical characteristics between single- and multiple-revision ACL reconstructions: a MARS cohort study. Am J Sports Med. 2013 Jul; 41(7):1571-8. PMID: 23698386
- Radiographic findings in revision anterior cruciate ligament reconstructions from the Mars cohort. J Knee Surg. 2013 Aug; 26(4):239-47. PMID: 23404491
- Morgan JA, Dahm D, Levy B, Stuart MJ. Femoral tunnel malposition in ACL revision reconstruction. J Knee Surg. 2012 Nov; 25(5):361-8. PMID: 23150344
- Brophy RH, Wright RW, David TS, McCormack RG, Sekiya JK, Svoboda SJ, Huston LJ, Haas AK, Steger-May K. Association between previous meniscal surgery and the incidence of chondral lesions at revision anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Am J Sports Med. 2012 Apr; 40(4):808-14. PMID: 22374942
- Kao YJ, Ho J, Allen CR. Evaluation and management of osteochondral lesions of the knee. Phys Sportsmed. 2011 Nov; 39(4):60-9. PMID: 22293769
- Borchers JR, Kaeding CC, Pedroza AD, Huston LJ, Spindler KP, Wright RW. Intra-articular findings in primary and revision anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction surgery: a comparison of the MOON and MARS study groups. Am J Sports Med. 2011 Sep; 39(9):1889-93. PMID: 21646434
- Cheung SC, Allen CR, Gallo RA, Ma CB, Feeley BT. Patients' attitudes and factors in their selection of grafts for anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Knee. 2012 Jan; 19(1):49-54. PMID: 21211979
- Descriptive epidemiology of the Multicenter ACL Revision Study (MARS) cohort. Am J Sports Med. 2010 Oct; 38(10):1979-86. PMID: 20889962
- Giaconi JC, Allen CR, Steinbach LS. Anterior cruciate ligament graft reconstruction: clinical, technical, and imaging overview. Top Magn Reson Imaging. 2009 Jun; 20(3):129-50. PMID: 20410802
- Fontboté CA, Sell TC, Laudner KG, Haemmerle M, Allen CR, Margheritini F, Lephart SM, Harner CD. Neuromuscular and biomechanical adaptations of patients with isolated deficiency of the posterior cruciate ligament. Am J Sports Med. 2005 Jul; 33(7):982-9. PMID: 15888720
- Allen CR, Giffin JR, Harner CD. Revision anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Orthop Clin North Am. 2003 Jan; 34(1):79-98. PMID: 12735203
- Allen CR, Kaplan LD, Fluhme DJ, Harner CD. Posterior cruciate ligament injuries. Curr Opin Rheumatol. 2002 Mar; 14(2):142-9. PMID: 11845019
- Allen CR, Kang JD. Transient quadriparesis in the athlete. Clin Sports Med. 2002 Jan; 21(1):15-27. PMID: 11877869
- Scioscia TN, Giffin JR, Allen CR, Harner CD. Potential complication of bioabsorbable screw fixation for osteochondritis dissecans of the knee. Arthroscopy. 2001 Feb; 17(2):E7. PMID: 11172259
Grants & Awards
Membership & Committees
About Christina Allen, MD
Dr. Christina Allen specializes in the treatment of knee and shoulder injuries, especially those of women athletes. An avid soccer enthusiast, she is an expert in treating anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries and shoulder athletic injuries. She has a special interest in meniscus tranplantation, ACL revision surgery, and proximal hamstring repairs, which are focus areas for her research.
Dr. Allen is also the team physician for the San Francisco Deltas professional soccer team, and she is the team physician for the USA Taekwondo National Team, with whom she has traveled with the team to many countries including China, Azerbaijan, Russia, Turkey, Mexico and Rio for international and Olympic qualification competitions.
She is also an Orthopaedic Team Physician for Cal athletics at the University of California at Berkeley, working with Men’s and Women’s Soccer and Women’s Basketball.
Dr. Allen earned a bachelor's degree in Biomedical Engineering at Duke University and was Chief of Biomedical Engineering at the Veterans Affairs medical centers in Philadelphia and San Francisco before attending the UCLA School of Medicine.