Aenor Sawyer, MD
|M.D.||University of California Davis||1993|
- Lansdown DA, Whitaker A, Wustrack R, Sawyer A, Hansen EN. A Resident-led Initiative Improves Screening and Treatment for Vitamin D Deficiency in Patients with Hip Fractures. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2016 Aug 22. PMID: 27549989
- Wolf JM, Cannada LK, Lane JM, Sawyer AJ, Ladd AL. A comprehensive overview of osteoporotic fracture treatment. Instr Course Lect. 2015; 64:25-36. PMID: 25745892
- Schairer WW, Carrer A, Deviren V, Hu SS, Takemoto S, Mummaneni P, Chou D, Ames C, Burch S, Tay B, Sawyer A, Berven SH. Hospital readmission after spine fusion for adult spinal deformity. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2013 Sep 1; 38(19):1681-9. PMID: 23698572
- Fung EB, Gariepy CA, Sawyer AJ, Higa A, Vichinsky EP. The effect of whole body vibration therapy on bone density in patients with thalassemia: a pilot study. Am J Hematol. 2012 Oct; 87(10):E76-9. PMID: 22886910
- Metz LN, Wustrack R, Lovell AF, Sawyer AJ. Infectious, inflammatory, and metabolic diseases affecting the athlete's spine. Clin Sports Med. 2012 Jul; 31(3):535-67. PMID: 22658001
- Fung EB, Vichinsky EP, Kwiatkowski JL, Huang J, Bachrach LK, Sawyer AJ, Zemel BS. Characterization of low bone mass in young patients with thalassemia by DXA, pQCT and markers of bone turnover. Bone. 2011 Jun 1; 48(6):1305-12. PMID: 21443975
- Plotkin H, Sawyer A, Bachrach L. Mind your T's and Z's. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2003 Jul; 85-A(7):1390-1. PMID: 12851367
- Sawyer A, Moore S, Fielding KT, Nix DA, Kiratli J, Bachrach LK. Calcaneus ultrasound measurements in a convenience sample of healthy youth. J Clin Densitom. 2001; 4(2):111-20. PMID: 11477304
Grants & Awards
Membership & Committees
About Aenor Sawyer, MD
As an Assistant Clinical Professor in the UCSF Dept of Orthopaedic Surgery, Dr Sawyer combines her interest in innovation with her clinical expertise in Orthopaedics, Physical Therapy, and Exercise Physiology to provide comprehensive musculoskeletal care. She is Director of the UCSF Skeletal Health Service and Director of the Pediatric Bone Health Consortium, helping Pediatric to Geriatric patients optimize their bone health across their lifespans.
In addition, Dr Sawyer plays a leadership role in digital health innovation as the Associate Director of Strategic Relations for the UCSF Center for Digital Health Innovation (CDHI) and the Associate Director of the Digital Health track in the CTSI Catalyst accelerator. She is a Clinical Adviser to ROCK HEALTH, a nonprofit Healthcare IT incubator. In 2011 Dr. Sawyer co-founded (with Pierre Theodore) the Trinity System, a HIPAA compliant, web-based collaboration technology for virtual Tumor Board and multidisciplinary management (MDM) of complex patients.
Dr. Sawyer has served on UCSF IT committees for Telemedicine, and Web-based/ mobile technology, and is a member of the NIH CTSA TSIG Telehealth Committee. As an ‘Expedition Medic’ for world-record ocean rowers, she has employed remote sensing/communication to provide remote medical coverage and co-developed WEARHUB with Archinoetics. She is now faculty advisor to the UCSF Pediatric Device Consortium, Project Director for Roboimplant. She is co-developing (Marshall Stoller, Herman Baga) a safe early-mobility device for in-patients (Mobi-us).
Dr Sawyer's career includes 10 years as a Physical Therapist, after which she received an M.S. in Human Physiology and her M.D. from the University of California, Davis. Upon completion of her Orthopaedic Surgery residency at Stanford University, she completed fellowship training in Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery and Paediatric/Adolescent Sports Medicine, both at Boston Children's Hospital, in the Harvard Orthopaedic program.